[mythtv-users] HD, Satellite, and 169time.com

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:40:54 UTC 2005

On 9/14/05, tgate <tgate at mypublic.net> wrote:
> Has anyone put together an HD Satellite mythTv setup using products
> from 169time.com?  I'm interested in keeping my direcTv subscription
> but want to use myth.  They claim to provide firewire out capability
> but I'm looking for any first hand experience before I buy.

The output produced by the 169time.com modification is NOT compatible
with MythTV.  There was post awhile back; someone tried to contact 169
to write a capture driver, but 169 refused to give out info on the
format.  (I may be a little off on the details, but that was basically
the case)
I've got the same problem as you - can't give up DirecTV (b/c of
football), but am struggling with not being able to record dish-only
HD channels.

Dave