[mythtv-users] Myth display issues.

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Sep 15 00:02:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:41:08 -0700, Dewey Smolka <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm using the latest KnoppMyth, a generic LCD, a Samsung 1080i (30", I
>> think), GeForce Ti4600, AMD 2400, 1G Ram, 120GB HD, Sound Blaster Audigy
>> Platinum...S-Video in from the TV, S-Video out to the TV, no hookup with
>> the sound yet....
>>

> Can't you plug VGA or DVI into that Samsung? It's not a TV, it's a
> giant monitor.

Yeah, it even says it's a "monitor" but there connections are typical
composite, the hi-def ones, a couple labelled for
"DTV/480i/480p/1080i"--the ones in the back are all standard A/V type
plugs. In the side I have the S-Input, headphones and speaker input.
Nothing even remotely like a VGA/DVI socket. Unless...it's =underneath=
the TV.<s>