[mythtv-users] Oh HDTV, Wherefore art Thou?

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:33:01 UTC 2005

I am one of those people who just can't seem to get it working. I built my
MythTV box about a year ago, but I still can't get it working properly. It
seems as soon as I get one thing fixed, Something else breaks.  Every time
there is a problem, I seem to throw money at it. (wouldn't you like to be my
problem?) All together I have spent 1,300 on my HDTV MythTV box, but it
still won't work. Please help me.

I updated my system to FC4, because it was new, and the included Kernel had
built in support for my pc HDTV 3000 card. I got mythTV all setup correctly,
but when I get to the part in channel setup, and tell it to scan for
channels, It doesn't find any. A few months ago while I was using KnoppMyth,
I was able to receive all of the OTA channels offered in my area (ABC, CBS,
NBC, FOX, WB & PBS). Now I get nothing? I did notice that while the scan was
in progress that the top bar said 95%, and I thought that might be the
lowest signal strength that it would accept? Am I guessing correctly?  Any
advice on how you got the pc HDTV 3000 working in FC4 would be greatly
appreciated.