[mythtv-users] Problems with VGA/RGBHV and Mitsubishi HDTV

conkel at sunpower.com conkel at sunpower.com
Wed Sep 14 18:19:19 UTC 2005

Hello, I've been browsing through the archives and can't seem to find
anyone else that has had this problem. Here is my hardware setup related
to my problem:

P4 1.7GHz
512MB RAM
Geforce 2 Video Card using VGA out
Mitsubishi WT46809 (connected with breakout cable)
Hauppauge PVR 250

I have gotten MythTV set up and running great. Recording works great with
the PVR-250, I've got it running 1920x1080i and I'm working on getting
Lirc running now.

My problem is that my TV doesn't want to wake up after I turn it off for
an extended period of time. I leave the Myth frontend running and I turn
the TV off when I'm done to prevent burn in. If I leave it off for more
than a half hour when I come back to turn it on it comes on for about 5
seconds and shuts itself off.

I can get it working again by unplugging the VGA from the back of the
computer, turning on the TV, and then rehooking the VGA cable back to the
computer. What's odd is that I can turn the TV off and back on, just not
for an extended period of time.

Here's what I've tried to fix it:

Disabled screen blanking in BIOS
Set DPMS off in xorg.conf
Disabled screensaver settings in xorg.conf (ServerFlags)
"xset -dpms s off"
"setterm -powersave off"
"setterm -blank 0"
(I know, these are for console, but I'm trying everything here)

I'm at the end of my rope here, any ideas? I can post my xorg.conf if
needed. Thanks in advance!