[mythtv-users] Hello all.. i'm the lastestmythnewb lookingfor advice :D

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Sep 14 18:59:49 UTC 2005

Noise is something you'll have to deal with...

However, it's not up to them to provide you with
what you should legally receive - IEEE 1394 (firewire)
unencrypted from their box to your machine.  In this
case, firewire from their HD cable box to your
mythbox.

It has nothing to do with being lucky.  It has to do with
knowing what you are entitled to.  In that sense, you
are their worst nightmare if they are unwilling to
comply with federal law.

Paul

>>> thekazan at gmail.com 09/14/05 2:49 PM >>>
Mediacom will never fix their noise problem - won't happen, so i have
deal with it.

I live in Ames, IA and *none* of the hardware they send out is
customized - so i would get lucky if they have firewire ports