[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV & Jack

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 14 19:43:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:08:20 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

>> > Thanks Mike,
>> >    I've seen that, and AFAICT Jack support is supposed to be enabled,
>> > but even with Jack working on this machine it never finds it and keeps
>> > trying to use OSS which it says doesn't work but other apps find OK:

You might try re-compiling and making Myth with the audio features
explicitly enabled. Edit the configure file or pass it a command line like
./configure --enable-alsa --enable-arts --enable-jack etc.
My first pass at compiling failed with an error about jack when jack was
"-disable-jack"d in the configure. When I enabled it, it compiled. Maybe
it is in fact not being enabled . You can also explicitly edit the
configure file to force inclusion, if you wish to live dangerously....
Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638