[mythtv-users] Hello all.. i'm the lastest mythnewb looking for advice :D

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 18:43:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 14:32, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 14:22 -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > I'm building a new system at the moment using an ECS 760GX-M Socket 754
> > SiS 760 GX Micro ATX AMD motherboard.
>
> Yeah.  Have fun and good luck with that.  I have an ECS board that I am
> screwing around with right now and have lots of problems in the past due
> to heat.  It's well known for this board and it's because the cheap
> bastards use doublesided tape between the heatsink and some chip on the
> board instead of proper compound.
>
> You couldn't pay me to use one of these again.
>
> b.

Well so far it seems to be working OK.  I was pleasantly surprised that
FC4 loaded with not problems.  Sounds was detected and works fine, video
was detected and works, network interface works, no problems using the
SATA controller for the only harddrive to boot from.

My other mythtv system I needed to get a driver for the marvell network
interface and I had to play with alsa to get sound to work correctly.

Will see in a month or two once I get this box in production to see how
the motherboard works out.  :)