[mythtv-users] PVR350/250 Composite Input question

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Sep 14 13:36:29 UTC 2005

> At the prompt, you can use 'ivtvctl -a' to get a list of the card's
> details and inputs - you'll need to specify the correct card too, so
> use 'ivtvctl --help' to find out how.
>
> The output above will show all inputs the card has that the driver can
> access (usually more than the number of actual physical inputs). You
> can then use 'ivtvctl -p x' where x is the number of the input to
> switch to that input and test.
>
> On my 350, I have 4 S-Video and 4 Composite inputs. On my 150 I have 2 of each.
>
> You could also just cycle through the inputs in mythtv-setup and then
> test each one to see which gives normal video.
>
> HTH,
> Nick

That worked Nick. I captured from every input on both cards like this:

ivtvctl --device=/dev/video1 -p 4
cat /dev/video1 > video1_input4.mpg

Then just switched the input number and capture again.

As it turns out my PVR250's composite input is on "Composite 4" in
mythtvsetup. Working great now.

Thanks for the help,
James