[mythtv-users] Mythweb dies

d mflatley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:17:39 UTC 2005

Just tried setting up Mythweb today, but I can't seem to get past this error
on the start page:

*Warning* at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 102:
fsockopen(): unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:6543 <http://127.0.0.1:6543>
*Fatal Error* at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 32:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

I know that the backend is running since I can use Myth on my tv at the same
time. What else could be causing this issue?

System is FC3 setup using Jarod's guide.

[root at mythbox ~]# ps ax | grep myth
3604 ? Ssl 0:00 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid

[root at mythbox ~]# netstat -na | grep 6543
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6543 <http://0.0.0.0:6543> 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6543 <http://127.0.0.1:6543>
127.0.0.1:58451<http://127.0.0.1:58451>ESTABLISHED
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6543 <http://127.0.0.1:6543>