[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV & Jack

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 20:42:48 UTC 2005

> In my case I have headphones on and I'm working on a song.
> (Ardour/Jack/synths/whatever) I also have MythTV open in a Window.
> Since Jack has grabbed the sound hardware I cannot hear audio from
> Myth. I'm very multi-tasking and like the TV on while I write music.

So, can ALSA's mixer be used here to put JACK and mythtv using
ALSA:mixer on the same footing? I know that there have been various
posts about some problems using ALSA's mixer with MythTV. I have yet
to try it, and I don't know if JACK would solve those problems with
multiplexing audio. If it does, that would be a good thing in and of
itself. I've always wanted to have (tasteful!) sound effects
associated with MythTV events.

- Ross