[mythtv-users] "Forgets" to check for idle mode so auto-shutdown not working

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:52:56 UTC 2005

On 13/09/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> My auto-shutdown used to work like a charm. Not sure what changed
> along the way but what happens now is that if Myth has been running
> for a few hours the logs don't show "I'm idle now... shutdown will
> occur in 120 seconds" etc unless I restart mythbackend. It's almost as
> if during normal running it's forgetting to check for being idle and
> only a restart of mythbackend will fix it. As soon as I do a restart
> it detects stratight away that it's idle and goes into the normal
> auto-shutdown process.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a fix for it? I'm on
> 0.18.1, FC3, binary ATRPMs.

I posted on a similar topic yesterday. My backend normally wakes up
and turns off with no problems. Sometimes (recently on Sunday) the
machine was getting idle (per the logs) and then counting down to
zero. However, the script was not being run so the machine stayed on
all night. Restarting the backend fixed the problem. Running 0.18.1 on
FC2.

Another problem I see is if a frontend is removed without either
killing the frontend process or exiting normally (observed this whilst
testing the wireless on my notebook), the backend does not have a
mechanism to remove the client, which then seemed to stop it
reconnecting.

Nick