[mythtv-users] PVR-350 volume

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 15:26:14 UTC 2005

In other words, there should probably be a patch.
But, it should probably be generic enough to allow for
selecting any device found on the card.  Using an
external program for something like changing the a
different part of the mixer is just clumsy, given the
overhead of loading another program (if a shell
script, then the shell, plus the execution of the
interpreted program).

Thanks for the information, I will look into using the
external method for now, but I'll try to come up with
a more integrated way once I get a chance.  (I guess
I'll have to learn the ALSA/OSS API calls, and then
this could be a biggie.)

-- Joe

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/132922#132922