[mythtv-users] MythTV network streaming questions, again

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:01:36 UTC 2005

> 1) Is there any way to watch the same tuner(channel) in both frontends?

You can't use 'Watch TV' to access the same tuner from two separate
frontends.  However if you record the programme then you can watch the
recording (as it's being recorded) from both frontends at the same
time.

> 2) I can see the master backend recording list but I can't watch them, do I
> need to configure something to be able to watch them?
You shouldn't need to.  You should get the same funtionality from a
frontend, whether it's on the same machine as the backend or not.
You've got something broken somewhere.

> 3) When I watch LiveTV I can see that I have my masterbackend channels but
> when I try to set a recording, I can't see channels on the list. Should I
> configure something?
There's something not right somewhere.  Are you running a backend on
your remote machine as well?  Maybe you've actually created a slave
backend and connected to that, rather than to the master.  I've never
set up a slave so I'm not sure what the symptoms would be.

> 4) Can I get the program guide on my remote frontend?
Yes - once you get your remote frontend connected to the master
backend correctly.