[mythtv-users] Bluetooth remote, direct access?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Sep 12 22:59:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:40:42PM -0600, Nathan Hesson wrote:
> Pulling the info out of the db wouldn't be the issue. The issue is having
> direct access to the objects being displayed. Can requests for files be made
> directly over the myth protocol?

I was actually thinking the main issue would be things like ff/rewind
control, time compression, etc. - things which directly affect the
way the frontend behaves as it's doing the playback and are normally
handled by keystrokes sent directly to the frontend app itself.  Is
that sort of control possible from a separate command-line or myth
protocol application?

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that