[mythtv-users] best way to edit out comercials on a windows box after mythtv has recorded show and copied to windows

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Sep 12 21:27:21 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:

>On 12/09/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
>

>>Nick wrote:
>>

>>>Does Myth do lossless MPEG2 cutting? I thought it could only export into MPEG4.
>>>

>>Myth doesn't do any cutting internally.  It relies on outside tools to
>>edit the video using the cutlist.
>>

>I know - I was wondering whether it offers support for lossless MPEG2
>exporting via these tools as I remember reading posts to the list
>asking for this ability a while back, and don't recall it being
>possible at the time.

Since the OP was looking for windows tools and my reply about the
internal editing was only to provide a sanity check for commercial
skipping, I think we've gotten off the beaten path here.  If a tool
exists for MPEG2->MPEG2 cutting for Linux, then you're golden.  It is
really outside the realm of Myth itself.

Kevin