[mythtv-users] Re: dual head setup getting screen size from first screen

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 12 18:59:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 07:37 -0400, djg at pdp8.net wrote:
>    I asked on this list a while ago (archive doesn't seem to be searchable
> and google isn't finding it) with this same problem.  If I remember correctly
> it worked properly until .17.  If I manually specify -geometry 640x480 when
> starting mythfrontend it works ok for me so haven't looked into it further.
> See if -geometry works better than specifying size and position.

That is what I am using but it seems that sets the size of the GUI
(which i have configured to a slightly smaller than desktop size size in
Setup), not so much the size of the screen.  So my GUI winds up being
640x480 rather than the 570x430 or so that I have configured in Setup.
I make the GUI smaller than the screen so it fits inside the area of the
640x480 left after overscan.

b.

Brian J. Murrell