[mythtv-users] MythTV + DVD Changer

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Mon Sep 12 18:43:59 UTC 2005

I could see this working in a few ways. First your going to have to find a
changer for which a linux utility set exists. Many of these players have
documentation on the serial protocol they use......which should make
controlling them fairly simple (something Like "echo command >/dev/stty0").
Once you know the command its fairly simple.

Setup up your DVD's in MythVideo - and write a custom command script to
change the current DVD and start Xine........when done - its seamless
(adding disks is a bit of pain......but if you do your script right one of
the parameters to the script would be the disk number).

David

PS. No - I didn't do this, it was cheaper and easier to just build a multi
terabyte disk array.