[mythtv-users] PVR-150 (Model 1045) - $64.99 @ CompUSA + FAQ

Jay Jarvinen jay-lists at 3pound.com
Mon Sep 12 03:31:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:59:16 -0700
Mark Menke <mmenke at porksoda.com> wrote:

> Do you have to passs any special flags to the ivtv module when you
> load it?  I 've got the same card, but can't get the audio to work.
> cat/dev/video0 leaves my with an mpg that has great video and no
> audio.

Update:

Try: ivtvctl -q 1

My first test, as I stated, was DVD capture over composite. Since my
IR receiver project is done, I plugged in the coax and tested .. same
problem as you describe.

Oddly enough, I did find the audio for the tuner on 'Audio Line 1'
instead of 'Tuner Audio In'.

So for the tuner + audio, I'm using:

ivtvctl -p 6 -q 1

There's a bit of a high-pitch 'squeel', but I think* it's unrelated.

-Jay