[mythtv-users] dual head setup getting screen size from first screen

Joe Garcia joejgarcia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:58:11 UTC 2005

Hey man I jsut got done futzing with this about 2 days ago.  Here is
what is happening.  You are either using the twinview that nvida
supplies with it's driver like I am or you are using the standard X
stuff to get 2 screens.  Anyway,  I tried the same thing with my
mythtv and X is either told or figures out that the desktop is an
average of the 2 display sizes.  Right now I am running in clone mode,
with my desktop only 800x600.  My complaint is that when I was using
different sizes for the tv and monitor, even if you tell mythfrontend
to start in a certain size and location it still renders the fonts for
the average desktop size.  Kinda looks like crap.  I would ultimately
like to have the tv above and the monitor below, but until I can get
mythfrontend
to behave like I expect it to, I am stuck with 800x600 clone on my monitor.

I haven't gotten to trying any of the overscaning stuff yet, but my
understanding from reading the nvida driver notes is that you cannot
do this unless you have a card with a tuner on it.. not sure why...
but that's what it says.