[mythtv-users] How do I compile mythplugins from source?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 18:31:24 UTC 2005

This seems like a retarded problem to me, but what am I doing wrong
when trying to compile mythplugins?

Here's the breakdown: I've got FC4.  I did a checkout of today's
mythtv, myththemes, and mythplugins code from SVN.  After a lot of
fighting with getting Qt compiled and installed, I have base mythtv
compiled, installed, and working propery.  I also spent time installing
dependencies for various plugins, so as far as I know I'm missing none.

Here's what I do:
cd ../mythplugins
./configure
(it produces a list of what will be compiled (most things), and reports
no dependency problems)
qmake mythplugins.pro
make

And then I get the following error mesasge:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/mythtv/mythcvs/mythplugins/mythbrowser'
cd mythbrowser && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/mythtv/mythcvs/mythplugins/mythbrowser/mythbr owser'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `mythconfig.mak', needed by
`Makefile'.  Stop.

If I disable the plugin that generates the error message from
compiling, then the next plugin generates the same message about "no
rule to make taret 'mythconfig.mak'".

I feel I'm missing something very simple, what is it?