[mythtv-users] dual head setup getting screen size from first screen

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Sep 11 13:09:15 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have Myth set up in the bedroom now.  Just hung it off of the PC in
there already.

I bought an NVidia 5200 and put it in the box alongside the existing
"desktop monitor" adapter.  I configured X to be dual-head with the
desktop head at 1600x1200 and the TV-Out/5200 head at 640x480.

Everything except one thing is working.  It seems that Myth is trying to
figure out the size of the screen and it picks up the size of the
desktop screen (:0.0) rather than the TV-Out one (:0.1), so I had to
override the GUI size on the command line.

That's a less than stellar workaround though because now the gui sizing
(width, height, x and y offset) I configured to compensate for overscan
is not working.  Using my overscan compensating width, height, x and y
offset as the gui override sets the video player size to that size,
effectively defeating the overscan.

I think if myth would just read the screen size from the correct (:0.1)
screen and not :0.0 all would work well.

Ideas?

b.

Brian J. Murrell