[mythtv-users] Capturing with Philips SAA7130 based card

Tim McClarren tim at 7thheaven.org
Sat Sep 10 23:40:22 UTC 2005

I have a cheap card based on the Philips SAA7130.

When capturing video in Myth (Live or otherwise) I get a few pixels of
black along the left hand side, and some black and grey garbage along
the bottom.  The rest of the image is fine (and includes all of the NTSC
signal, AFAI can tell).

Does anyone know what I can configure in Myth to correct the capture on
the back end?  The chipset supports cropping, I'm not sure the driver
for Linux does though.

I can futz with playback on each front end to get the image looking
nicely by overscanning slightly and moving it, but I'd rather crop out
the garbage so that I can have nicely captured video that looks good in
my media player, as well.