[mythtv-users] Playback too Fast

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 10 19:43:50 UTC 2005

Kerry Baker wrote:

>This seems to be a common problem but I haven't managed to find a solution
>that works for me.
>Playback is too fast and talking sounds like chipmunks.
>It occurs when watching live tv causing an added problem of stuttering as it
>appears to outrun the recording buffer and I get "prebuffering pause" errors
>in the mythfrontend log.
>It also happens with recordings but without stuttering.
>The recording itself is okay as I can play it very nicely using Xine (with "-V
>xxmc" option for hardware decoding).

You're playing back a recording with 32KHz audio on a "software"
soundcard that accepts 48KHz input.  Fix your sound card configuration
so that the ALSA drivers convert your 32KHz audio to 48KHz input for
your sound card.  See:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo#head-b318f22131b4a59eef5f28edfac9160204e13719

Mike