[mythtv-users] SLOW channel changing inLiveTV- 6 question, 30 second survey

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Sep 9 14:25:10 UTC 2005

Then I would suggest you start showing them the Guide or Browse
mode.  My dad is one of the worst channel surfers I've ever
come across.  Has anyone actually watched 40 shows at the same
time and knew what was going on with all of them?

Once I showed him the guide and the browser, he loved it.  He
could scroll up and down the channels to see what was on
without actually changing the channel.  I think this may have
helped my mom to not kill my dad too.

Now if I could just figure out which magic button switches
channels when in guide mode, I'd be golden.  I've looked
in keys.txt with no success.  Anyone know that one?

Paul

>>> "Michael Tiller" <michael.tiller at gmail.com> 09/09/05 9:53 AM >>>
In my case, it isn't a case of not working for me...it is a case of not

working for my wife, mother-in-law, father-in-law, etc.

My Myth system is channel 00 (external AV input) on my TV. I always
leave
the TV on channel 00 because I use Myth for everything. Everyday when I
come
home, the TV is on some channel besides 00 because of this issue. I
don't
want to argue with anybody about why it shouldn't matter, I'm just
saying
that to some people it matters.

--
Mike

On 9/9/05, Allan Stirling <Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> wrote:

> Buzz wrote:
> > I've had a few people tell me Q6 is too biased, so please answer
'other:
> no
> > change' or similar if you find any of the other answers
unacceptable. I