[mythtv-users] Automatic deletion on drive fillup doesn't work

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 9 01:53:43 UTC 2005

> >I have 650GB on my master backend shared out the sole Myth slave
> >frontend/backend
> >via NFS on which I keep all my recorded shows.  A few days ago this filled
> >up.
> >Instead of automaticly deleting older or lower priority shows, as I
> >thought Mythtv
> >was supposed to do, it just continued on recording shows of 0 bytes.

Just a hunch: although you specify the remaining disk space in
gigabytes, some filesystems reserve a certain percentage of the disk
for root's exclusive use so that logging and daemons would continue to
work if a run-away user process tried to fill the filesystem.  From a
user's perspective, "df" would show lots of remaining space (typically
5% for ext2/ext3) but writing data to files would fail if it resulted
in an allocation request.  If that percentage is larger than the fixed
size you specified then the auto-expire routine would never be
triggered.