[mythtv-users] Off Topic - DVB-T, Muxes and reception...

mythtv at varga.co.uk mythtv at varga.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 17:01:07 UTC 2005

> If all muxes are being transmitted from the same transmitter, why should
>  one bundle of channels feel like it is coming from the moon? Are muxes
>  simply s/w abstractions or do they correspond somehow to physical
> divisions in the h/w - i.e. is my problem mux maybe being pumped out at
> a lower power than all the others etc...

Each mux is transmitted from a different tranmitter. These tranmitters may
well be in the same place, but are seperate physical bits of kit.
They don't necessarily all point in the same direction or run at the same
power. And this type of problem is fairly common with old analog antenna
setups.

> Would a booster be likely to solve the problem, or do I just live with
> it - they are tall fir trees and not mine :-)

Recheck all the connections as a first move.
Try to get the antenna higher, this usually help.
Try moving it to left/right and see if that helps.
Finally, a booster may well help, but isn't guaranteed.