[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv & 802.11b

Mark H mrhegstrom at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:37:50 UTC 2005

 Mine works fine over 802.11b. I have mythstreamtv playing smoothly over my
older Dell Axim PocketPC. Just make sure to use the lowest settings and
increase until you see problems, but I normally use lowest settings, which
is still fine for watching. For home WAN, I too use the fastest settings.
I have tried this directly over my home WAN and also from work. (DSL to DSL
then to my PPC hooked up to work network). I've even tried it from a dailup
connection. While extremely choppy and totally unwatchable, it is cool to
tell someone in timbuktu to dialup to the internet and point the media
player to my IP and they can see a picture or two of what I am watching.
Show you folks your not completely wasting your time at college. Geek Factor
of solid 10!