[mythtv-users] How do you adjust font sizes?

mythtv at varga.co.uk mythtv at varga.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 14:56:53 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:32:55 +0100, Lee wrote:
>> To change the fontsize in the main Myth menus - The example below is
>> for MythCenter, but you'll ge the idea...
>>
>> pico /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/theme.xml
>>
>> find the <fontsize> tag, and decrease/increase as necessary, I found
>> 22 was best.
>> You will have to change to another theme and then back to see the
>> changes.
>
> This isn't the right way to fix it. What you need to do is make sure
> that the X server is running at 100dpi, which is what all of the themes
> are for.
>
> This has been covered many times, so just check back in the archives
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv) for 100 dpi.
>
> (Hint, set DisplaySize in xorg.conf or give -dpi 100 to X server.)

Oh, I played with the whole display size thing until my fingers bled.
100dpi just seemed to move things around the screen a bit, but not
actually fix anything. 75dpi (which was the default when I installed
KnoppMyth R5A16) was almost there, but adjusting that .xml file made it
perfect...

As usual YMMV...