[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv & 802.11b

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Sep 8 14:15:07 UTC 2005

Hello,

First, know that I googled this, but I didn't find any satisfactory answers.

I'm running mythstreamtv & mythweb on a Gentoo machine, streaming
to a Gentoo laptop over 802.11b via a D-Link DWL 900-AP & a
prism2.5 chipset minipci adaptor.

The stream works quite well (I have sound & picture), but even
if I move the video size to 25%, after mplayer caches 20% of the
stream it plays a while, then when it runs out of cache it starts to
stutter.

It seems like 802.11b just doesn't provide enough bandwidth, but
I've seen people claim that it *does*. So, I'm curious:

Does anyone out there have mythstreamtv working over 802.11b?
Did you have to do anything special?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani