[mythtv-users] [OT] security/serveillance cameras & Myth...

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 23:10:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 18:38, Joe Barnhart wrote:
> --- "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been looking at setting up a system using Zoneminder.
> > http://www.zoneminder.com
> >
> > Just have not spent the time yet to select which cameras to use.
> >
> > It may be just a matter of configuring mythweb to work with
> > zoneminder.
>
> I agree with the ZoneMinder reference.  But I'd love to see it hooked
> into the PVR aspects of Myth as well as MythWeb.  It would be too cool
> to have a PIP window come up with a camera on the front door when
> movement is detected!

You would need to have a dedicated input for the camera if you were
using a PVR card.  It would be better to use a web camera so your
encoders are not competing with shows you are trying to record.  The
trick is to bring this up in pip mode on the display which I think would
require the use of an encoder with the way it works now.

Probably would need some kind of transcoding to get it to display with
the current setup.  Not sure about that.