[mythtv-users] A Noob Question about Remote Control

Jarod Watkins jarod at jxxtech.net
Wed Sep 7 18:13:33 UTC 2005

I am thinking of building a myth system with a backend machine and a
separate frontend machine.  The backend machine will have either a
Hauppauge 150 or 250 model connected to a satellite receiver.  Now if
I have an ir blaster connecting the backend machine to the satellite
receiver, and then another ir remote for the frontend machine, will
MythTV know out of the box to controll the backend machine with the
frontend machine remote or would I have to make some modifications?
Also, anyone with a dish network satellite receiver hooked to a
mythtv system, and has some advice/tips or websites that helped them,
especially with remote controlling the receiver, please pass them along!