[mythtv-users] How do you adjust font sizes?

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Wed Sep 7 07:55:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:32:55 +0100, Lee wrote:
> To change the fontsize in the main Myth menus - The example below is for
> MythCenter, but you'll ge the idea...
>
> pico /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/theme.xml
>
> find the <fontsize> tag, and decrease/increase as necessary, I found 22
> was best.
> You will have to change to another theme and then back to see the changes.

This isn't the right way to fix it. What you need to do is make sure that
the X server is running at 100dpi, which is what all of the themes are for.

This has been covered many times, so just check back in the archives
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv) for 100 dpi.

(Hint, set DisplaySize in xorg.conf or give -dpi 100 to X server.)

Cheers,

Martin.