[mythtv-users] Re: VIA Hardware, good enough to capture analog, maybe play HD?

Jay Jarvinen jay-lists at 3pound.com
Wed Sep 7 02:22:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:29:30 -0600
Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

..

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I'm actually giving up on the quest, I figured I blew my BIOS on my
> Asus, so I'm going to call them to see if they'll 'fix' it for me.  If
> not, looking at a new Socket A, and may take the one you linked to,
> but I also found a Foxconn that looks really good.

You're welcome.

If that doesn't work, http://www.badflash.com might be able to help. I
haven't ordered from them personally, but I've heard success stories.

For the record though, I was merely comparing an "ok" choice with a
"better" choice (the Biostar). I've been lured into the
barebones/bundled quest myself, but ultimately, I've always broken down
and ordered individual parts. I'm still cautiously optimistic though.

-Jay