[mythtv-users] Extending aVolumeGroup

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:40:26 UTC 2005

I just added a second hard drive to my backend but am unsure of what the
mount should look like in FSTAB.
 Here are the steps I've followed to get the VG ready, I have a VG of
"VolGroup01":
 1) fdisk the drive (/dev/hdd), create a single partition and change the
type to 8e. ( I want to use the entire drive in the VG)
2) create the LVM using 'pvcreate /dev/hdd1'
3) extend the VG using 'vgextend VolGroup01 /dev/hdd1'
 Everything seems to be successful but I haven't mounted the drive. So, I
need to know how this should look in FSTAB, the VG is formatted with 'JFS'.
 Do I need to format this new drive /dev/hdd1 with JFS or does the VG take
care of that?
 Thanks.
 AJM,