[mythtv-users] Re: Radeon 8500LE & DVI

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Tue Sep 6 13:56:18 UTC 2005

> The setup script should be called fglrxconfig

So I created my config with this.  I tried dual and single head in
attempts to get it to work.

> You should also have a program called fireglcontrolpanel that should
> be run in X.

I also tried playing with this.  The same results.

When using the ATI driver, I get random lockups.  Basically, the machine
will load Xwin, and then if I try to start anything, it locks up.  I then
disabled KDE's bouncing icons, and that would allow me to "sometimes"
start things up.

For me, it wasn't reliable enough.  If anyone knows any tricks, let me
know  (this is an nforce2 mobo if that has any effect).  I was using the
DVI and VGA connectors, before.  I ended up going back to the original
driver, and running the projector through VGA and not using the monitor at
all.  I'd rather be using DVI, but it works at least.