[mythtv-users] Mythweb and PHP

Rod Rod at Rods.id.au
Tue Sep 6 06:56:24 UTC 2005

Brian Wallen wrote:

> For the life of me I can't get php working so that when I go to my
> mythweb page, it won't try to download the php files.  I'm using
> gentoo, if that matters.  I've followed the directions at the gentoo
> wiki, but it just won't work.  What can I try?

    Have you installed "mod-php"

emerge mod-php

    Then after the install, you have followed the notices that inform
you that you have to add "-Dphp" (or whatever) to your Apache
configuration files?

shadow conf.d # less /etc/conf.d/apache2

# Copyright 1999-2004 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/net-www/apache/files/2.0.49/apache2.confd,v 1
.2 2004/07/15 00:24:42 agriffis Exp $

APACHE2_OPTS="-D SSL -D PHP5 -D DOC"

    the ""-D PHP5" above is what I needed to get it going.