[mythtv-users] Video capture problems with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 250

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 03:17:18 UTC 2005

I have the exact same card as you and it has been long enough now that I
don't remember exactly what I did to fix my problems but one difference I
did notice was my permissions on /dev/video:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 3 08:37 /dev/video -> video0

It does sound like you need to use ivtvctl to pickup from the right source.
Let me know what else you need to help. I am running on FC3, if that would
help you.

Allan