[mythtv-users] Problems with FC4 and WinTV PVR150

Michael Kalus mkalus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:21:33 UTC 2005

Good day,

for the past two days I am struggenling with the MythTV install on
Fedora Core 4.

The application itself runs fine and the install was rather painless
(thanks in no small part due to the How-To).

But I ran into one big problem: TV Capture doesn't work.

When I cat /dev/video0 I do receive a picture but it is distorted
(only maybe 2/3 I can see, the rest is off to the right) and at best
I can get false colours or black and white but no colour at all.

I did try the different inputs as recommended in the how-to but none
seems to be having any effect.

The other problem is: How do I get Audio to the Video? My sources are
either SVHS (MiniDIN) or normal video (I have to use a digital TV Box
from Motorola, so I am "stuck" with either of those two, antenna
doesn't really buy me much, at least not if I cannot get a
passthrough to the TV going).

Anybody got any ideas? I have a bunch of logfiles and other output
here if that helps.

Thanks.

Michael