[mythtv-users] My Potential Setup

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Sep 5 16:47:48 UTC 2005

Dewey Smolka wrote:

>Good advice, just want to add that if your TV doesn't take S-video or
>DVI, S-vid to RCA adapters are cheap and easy to come by, and let you
>use the yellow camcorder port that's on lots of TVs.

Further to this does anyone have a recommendation for a good RF
modulator to cover the 'gap' from an S-video ouptut to an old Sony TV
which only has a 300 ohm antenna connection. This 32 inch TV must be at
least 15 years old but has a great picture (very early Trinitron I
think). It's presently being driven from the VCR through coax to a balun
transformer and 300 ohm antenna tail.

I will need an RF modulator to talk to S-video. I see various boxes at
Best Buy ranging from $30 through $80 to $140...

Any suggestions (or just stick to the 21" monitor!!)?

Geoff