[mythtv-users] Automatic transcoding

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 5 13:58:50 UTC 2005

My auto transcoding has been failing more often than not for the past few
months.  As I've been swapping my master and slave backends (and
reinstalling Linux on the slave-now-master), I assumed it was some setting
or another that I overlooked.  I've gone back through them all to make sure
everything is set the way I think they should be set but it is still failing
at least half of the time.

What bugs me is that there's no indication as to why it failed.

I tried the manual version on the command line of a recording that
previously failed and it finished ok so there was no indication as to why
the autotranscode failed.

Is there a command-line switch or something I can use to get more
information as to why the auto transcode is failing?