[mythtv-users] working without program listing

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 12:06:55 UTC 2005

On 05/09/05, Ashish Naik <ashishn at mahindrabt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in India and dont think XMLTV based listing is available.
>
> I am planning toi build PVR for recording and playing later to start with.
>
> Is it a must to have XMLTV based listing?

You don't need a TV listing to be able to record and playback
channels.  I know this because I've created a channel which is tuned
to the output of my video recorder, and I've scheduled manual
recordings to transfer some old home movies onto my myth box.  I never
had to worry about creating a schedule for this channel.

If you don't mind manually scheduling everything then it should work.