[mythtv-users] mythfrontend - schedule priority

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Sep 5 01:03:35 UTC 2005

dean javu wrote:
> Thanks!
> I'll give it another try.  Last time, a WMBA game with a priority
> 4 overpowered a football game with a priority 10.  Isn't that weird?

What Michael said. There are four different priority settings
that are combined to arrive at the final priority value for each
showing; per-rule which you will most likely use most ofter, per-
record rule type, it's good to add some for Single and subtract
some for Find* type rules, per channel, useful if you have a
favorite channel and want to give it's shows an advantage by
default, and input preference if some card(s) or sources are
better quality than others. With current SVN, the total prirority
values are shown in the status messages on the Upcoming Recordings
page.

If you have more than one card, the highest priority shows will
be assigned to card 1. An overlapping lower priority show will
be assigned to card 2 and so on.

There are three situations I can think of where your fooball
game might lose to WNBA.

- Say WNBA was noon to 2:30 and the football game was 1:00-4:00.
If there was one card and a show with priority of 11 or more was
at 3:00, the 3:00 show would win over football but WNBA would
fit in the gap before 3:00 (12:00-2:30).

- If the football game was rebroadcast at, say, midnight, the
scheduler could choose this later showing to make room for the
only showing of WNBA. If this was the case you could press Enter
and click "Record anyway" for the 1:00 football game.

- If you had played with the other priority factors so that the
total priority described above was higher for WNBA

I'd like to tell you more but I need to go warm my 'fridge before
X-treme Fly Fishing comes on so check out this link:

--  bjm