[mythtv-users] My Potential Setup

Todd Houle thoule at wesleyan.edu
Sun Sep 4 23:50:16 UTC 2005

I'm looking to build the following MythTV setup - please let me know
if I'm on the right track.

Computer: Dell GX 240 (1.7GHz)    512MB Ram     160GB HD   OS: Fedora
(just downloaded today)

I'm looking to buy a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR350 to get the remote and
receiver and a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR150 MCE with 2 catv inputs. Will
the CPU handle the encoding of 3 inputs considering that the 350
model is supposed to do brainwork on the card instead of the CPU?
Can I use the 150 to get the remote (or that doesn't include a
receiver i guess) and don't need the 350?  I need to keep costs down
as low as possible or my wife won't let me do this  ;)  I see
newegg.com has decent prices.

What do I need to connect to the TV?  I think the PVR 350 or even the
150 have TV out on them?  Or do I need to buy a video card with TV out?

I'd like to build a basic box and then eventually build separate
client and server systems.

Thanks!
     Todd

Todd Houle