[mythtv-users] Problems setting up DVB-C in the Netherlands

Peter Martens petermartens at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:31:50 UTC 2005

I am having a Myth-box, working wonderfully well, running MythTV 0.18.1 on FC3.
I am trying to set up DVB-C (in the Netherlands). Some problems I encountered:

1. When trying to do a full scan, Mythtv doesn 't find the right
transponders. (They start at 356MHz and go 8MHz up). That was easy to
overcome: just entering the right transponders and MythTV does well!
But there are a lot of transponders in the list that aren't really
usefull, someone knows how I can get rid of them?

2. Biggest problem however. After scanning MythTV does find the
available channels and adds them to the channel list. However in
MythTV I can't access those channels. I verified the DVB card has the
right permissions. The channels are visible in the program guide.
When looking at the backend log I am getting this error:

2005-09-03 16:40:46.105 DVB#0 ERROR - No PIDS set, please correct your
channel setup.

I can 't however set any PIDS in mythtvsetup. After the first channel
options-screen, I can only choose "Finish" . Seems like I am missing
some tables in the mythconverg-database... Or not?

Someone has any ideas?

Thanks

Peter