[mythtv-users] Two tuners but got dropped from live TV when a single recording started

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:33:31 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I was spacing out watching CNN pn the PC today when MythTV started
> > recording a program at noon. Suddenly I was watching the program being
> > recorded and not TV.
> >
> >    Can't Myth determine that I have two tuners and pick the second one
> > when it starts recording a single program? Seems an awful waste of
> > resource?
> >
> >    Otherwise is there a way to make Live TV be the second tuner so
> > that Myth is free to use the first one when it wants to?
>
> TV Settings->General, first page, check "Avoid conflicts between
> live TV and scheduled shows".
>
> --  bjm

Hi Bruce,
   I don't see why that isn't checked by default!

   OK, I started watching TV at 5:26 and scheduled a 30 minute
recording at 5:30. the recording started and I didn't get kicked which
is great. I'll leave them both running for 30 minutes and make sure
nothing else pops uip.

   Thanks for the help.

   I assume that if I scheduled a second recording that I would get
kicked since recording takes precedence over watching? I guess I can
run that experiement also.

Thanks much,
Mark