[mythtv-users] Odd issue when skipping forward in recordings

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby2 at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 2 22:01:32 UTC 2005

Brian Wallen wrote:
> I'm using a remote frontend, and samba to watch the recordings from the
> backend.  I'm doing this because its the only way I know to share files
> over a network, although I know it can be done with NFS.  When I skip
> forward in a recording, the length of the recording fluctuates.  So if a
> recording is say, 30 minutes, when I hit the skip button it will
> fluctuate wildly between about 29:30 and 30:30.  Would this happen if I
> used NFS?

You should check that the frontend machine is set to the same timezone
as the backend.  Don't ask me why... but it solved exactly the same
problem for me a while back.

Also verify the recordedmarkup table isn't damaged (mysqlrepair)...

You can also try running commflag on the recorded shows - this will
repair the recordedmarkup table entries.