[mythtv-users] NOVA-T Hauppauge testing to see if my card is working

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Fri Sep 2 14:01:17 UTC 2005

Steve,

Sorry, should have been FE_HAS_LOCK - I was tired when I typed that!

I'm not familiar with Klear but as far as your tzap went it looks good enough
for Myth. To test my setup I opened up 2 shells in X. In one I ran the tzap
command to tune the card to a channel. In the other I just used mplayer to read
the input straight off the DVB device:

~ # mplayer < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

The results should be obvious. The only thing I could see from your device nodes
is that they are rw by root and video so if the user you were running as was
neither root, nor a member of video, that might explain why Klear didn't work.

--
Rob