[mythtv-users] Hollywood Realmagic Plus

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Sep 2 12:45:07 UTC 2005

> I wonder how hard it would be to integrate? Has anyone ever looked into it?

 Honestly hacking myth to playback the mpeg2 content through the dxr3/em8300/h+
cards is not very difficult. I use to patch mine to do just that until
I got a MediaMVP which replaced that frontend.

 The real trick is getting X outputted through it.  At one point I did hack
up an X driver to support that as well but after a harddrive faiulure(bad
me with no current backup of the source) and the birth of my daughter I
never got around to redoing it.

Here is a very old screenshot of the config menu from when I was
patching mine to do it. Now that my daughter is getting a little older,
and the em8300 driver fellows have had some success with working on an
ALSA driver for the em8300 output, I might start working on that again.
Not that I really need it, but because it was interesting :)

http://www.phaze.org/mythtv_dxr3setup.jpg