SV: [mythtv-users] How to show CPU temp by pressing remote

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Fri Sep 2 09:02:21 UTC 2005

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] På vegne av Phill Edwards
Sendt: 2. september 2005 09:08
Til: Discussion about mythtv
Emne: Re: [mythtv-users] How to show CPU temp by pressing remote

>>  This is a cool idea, I had though about something like this but
hadn't
>> considered using mythtvosd to do it :) I'm curious though, mbmon just
>> reports my motherboard temp, not my CPU. Did you do something special
>> to get your CPU temp out of it ?
>
>Mine reports this:

>Temp.= 25.0, 41.0, 25.0; Rot.=    0,    0,    0
>Vcore = 1.38, 2.54; Volt. = 3.33, 4.22, 11.19,  -5.12, -1.90
>
>I'm pretty sure the 25.0 is the mobo and 41.0 is the CPU. I remember
>checking the BIOS readings on boot up and comparing with mbmon to make
>sure it was working.
>
>PS - temps are in degrees C.

>Regards,
>Phill

I use "sensors" for the various temp, frequency, fan speed and voltage
readings. It's highly configurable (if you can figure out how :-)) and
supports a fair number of monitor chips now. I just wish I could make
use of the readouts to get some kind of smart fan control running (works
in Doze but so far I've no clue how to do in Linux).

Cheers

Marius