[mythtv-users] Hollywood Realmagic Plus

Yussu yussu at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 1 23:02:55 UTC 2005

I´m at last building my first dedicated MythTV box, and would like to
have as good output to TV as possible.

Previously I was planning to use Nvidia GF4MX´s svideo out, but the
quality isn't very good.

So, then I spotted the Hollywood Realmagic Plus mpeg decoder card
(approx 20 €) and realized that there is tv out on that also, and based
on the (old) reviews I found that the quality of Realmagics tv out
should be good.

The question is, is it worth the hassle to get yet another card, and
will I benefit anything of it? I'm installing one pvr-150 and two DVB-C
-cards, and use Athlon XP 2000+ with 768 Mb ram (so won't need the
hardware decoder because of lack of speed).

Any opinions?

-Jussi